Pages

Monday, 10 July 2017

CHASING RAINBOWS BLOG HOP LAUNCH

Hello Everyone!

I am excited to be a part of the Chasing Rainbows Blog Hop which will be running from 10 - 20 July. There are some fabulous prizes up for grabs. I will be drawing a random prize at the end of the blog hop so make sure you follow all the blogs and leave a message for each one. Come back here and tell me which was your favourite and you may be the lucky winner.


Here is the card I created for this blog hop.


These are the supplies I chose to go with - my all time favourites for creating striking cards.


I wanted to use this stamp... don't know whose it is or where I got it - I am pretty useless like that.


I inked up areas of the stamp using only three colours. Fired Brick, Faded Jeans and Shabby Shutters. I love these three colours together.
I used my misti tool to get a good impression on the water colour paper.


Once I was happy with my image I used Tea Dye and a sponge blending tool to add some colour around the edges.


I added a pen nib to the butterflies body that I swiped with a blue shimmery metal paint. I also die cut the word thanks in a blue suede paper which I just love, and it cuts so beautifully.


I tied some blue gauze ribbon onto the card and added a rose that I dyed with a blue spray mist... one I made using Tim Holtz re-inkers. I added a few bling in the blue and the card was then mounted onto a piece of beige suede paper.


The whole card was then mounted onto dark blue cardstock.

The girl with a tape runner - https://thegirlwithataperunner.wordpress.com/ <---(Start here)

Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to leave a comment I really appreciate it.

Till next time - Happy Stamping!



Hugs
Photobucket

47 comments:

  1. Valerie, I do love your card and using Distress inks is my favourite medium. Loved how you inked the stamp with those colours. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us. Hugs. Ursula.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stamp is the cutest of all time! I love it and I love your card. Thank you for sharing. Love, S

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely gorgeous..but I may be biased I love butterflies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wilna :D Me too... just a bit obsessed :D

      Delete
  4. Well done..you put that background stamp to excellent use. Love the project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Val I just love how you used different inks on the same stamp to create a rainbow of colours on one stamp. Love your creation and thanks for the stamping tip.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like, thank you for sharing.
    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing, Val. Love the technique you use for background and you definitely inspired me to take out my stamp sets!⚘⚘⚘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tersia... one of my fave techniques it always looks nice :D

      Delete
  8. Beautiful card Val and I am totally going to copy it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That stamp is gorgeous!!, and I love the colours you used with it too .. absolutely stunning combo!! Such a beautiful card Val, and that lovely ribbon added the perfect finishing touch! Love this and thank you for sharing the process .. now, where are those stamps of mine?? hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This coming from the card Queen :D I am a long way off of your beautiful creations so thank you <3

      Delete
  10. So pretty! I love that stamp. Using a pen nib for the butterfly's body was a great idea. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow Val.....stunning card....and so simple to make!! Love the stamp and colors you used!! I think I tend to overthink my cards....STUNNING!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's me... clean and simple... Thank you :D

      Delete
  12. Thanks for sharing your technique with us. Your card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow how gorgeous! thank you for the inspiration!
    xoxo oLga

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh oh love the butterflies. Beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a gorgeous stamp isn't it :D thank you :D

      Delete
  15. Love those tins Val..what a great idea for storage. I can't remember seeing a stamped card, you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great card! Love that stamp and that you used a pen nib for the butterflies body. Great visual interest combined with the stamp itself!
    Thanks for sharing!
    (Hugs) Cara
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  17. A stunning card, that stamp is absolutely gorgeous. Love the pen nib that you used.

    Hugs,
    Marika Schuman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marika... it is one of my fave stamps :D

      Delete
  18. Such an ethereal creation... And those finishing touches - just beautiful.
    Helen -- Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your blog is beautiful card is beautiful, feeling very inspired! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words <3

      Delete
  20. What a great technique, using the different inks on one tamp - I must try that too. Thanks fr sharing your beautiful card and inspiring me

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is stunning, thanx for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your card, unusual and striking

    ReplyDelete
  23. So beautiful and elegant! Love this stamp...a beauty and love the colours you used too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete